What little changes are you making to reduce your single use plastic usage?
As we move into 2020 - I look back on our journey here at A2P and also my own personal one to remove single use plastic from our home.
A2P as a brand promises that we use NO single use plastic - our products/packaging and cartons are compostable, natural, sustainable, plastic free, eco-friendly and breakdown in all rubbish systems.
Last year if you read through our blogs, you will see that I am always on the hunt for new ideas to reduce single-use plastic in our own home.
So to start the year, I thought I would share some simple ideas for those of you who are still to embark on your plastic free journey.
- Bake your own cookies, cakes, brownies and slices. Look online for ideas or our baking staple is the Edmonds cookery book.
- Make your own pizza bases - again easy to find online or message me and I will send you my favorite recipe.
- Make your own bread. This is so easy, you just need to allow time for it rise and then bake.
- Chips - buy one big bag of chips instead of the multi packs and put them in a wrap/container/lunchbox or one of our A2P paper sandwich bags
- Popcorn - my son inhales popcorn daily so I now buy a big bag of popping corn and I make it on our stove top - it takes 1 minute and it means I use one bag per month instead of one each day. Popcorn stays fresh in a container so you can make a big batch if that is easier. Again send to school in a beeswax wrap/container/lunchbox or A2P paper sandwich bag.
- Pancake/Pikelts - make your own fresh and homemade is always way more tasty.
- Use your own container at the deli and or meat counter.
- Remember your shopping bags and vege bags
- Reuse paper shopping bags as bin liners
Paper is the fastest composting product on the market. It doesn't take a lot of engineering to create and the worms and insects love it.
A2P paper sandwich bags are now in-store at these New Worlds at $4.99 until the 16 February 2020
New World Victoria Park, New World Devonport, New World Remuera, New World Orewa, New World Whangaparoa, New World Eastridge, New World Stonefields, New World Botany (also stock A2P Beeswax Wraps), New World Howick, New World Browns Bay, New World Milford, New World Southmall/Manurewa, New World Waiuku (also stock A2P Beeswax Wraps),New World New Lynn, New World Green Bay, New World Mount Roskill, New World Whangamata, New World Cambridge, New World Rototuna, New World Te Rapa, New World Hillcrest, New World Glenview, New World Waihi, New World Whakatane, New World Opotiki, New World Westend, New World Tokoroa, New World Turangi, New World Long Bay (also stocks A2P Beeswax Wraps), New World Morrinsville, New World Gate Pa, New World Mount Maunganui, New World Brookfield, New World Te Puke, New World Ngaruawahia, Four Square Eastbourne, New World Flaxmere, New World Onekawa, New World Hastings, New World Havelock North